Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Finding Strength

Philippians 4:13
"I can so all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Have you ever thought to yourself how do some people go through life the way they do? How do they still seem to smile and laugh when the world around them is falling apart. We as humans desire stability and comfort. It's not normal for our world to be so full of chaos and turmoil, yet to some of us that is what life has become. Worry, fear, and stress were all created by the enemy to make us doubt God. I don't know about you, but last year was one, if not the hardest year of my life. The struggles I faced were over such a wide-span of different areas it would be hard to say which one was the greatest. However in the hardest year I found myself still growing and changing for the better in ways I was not expecting. I would find myself a complete mess and God would speak into my situation. As different as each instance was and when my world seemed to be falling down around me my God was still there. You see God is good all the time no exceptions, but we as humans don't think of him that way because we can't understand his magnitude. So we picture him as a human and by doing that we give him limitations that he doesn't have. Even when he says no he is still doing it for our own good. He loves us unconditionally and because of that he wants us to have nothing but the best. However we are still going to face struggles they happen, but the great thing is that God uses them for good. We can't see the big picture but He has created it and knows that the journey is just as important as the destination. So you are probably wondering what does this have to do with strength? Simple, when you don't have the strength to carry on it's because you are trying to rely on your own strength instead of leaning in Him. I think people believe that they are weak if they turn to others for help, and in that case they treat God no different. Yet I think it takes courage to know when you can't go it alone, to admit that you need God to get you through. Yo walk through life with Him is not only life changing it allows us to have complete freedom. Casting the burden that Jesus already paid for on the cross is liberating and who doesn't want to be liberated. So my challenge for you today is to march. March to the alter with all your burdens strapped to you and dump them. Leave them there and don't pick them back up. Allow yourself to feel the weight removed from your shoulders and altered for the better. Trust in him for He is all the strength you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment